The Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI) supports a large range of product releases. The matrix below provides compatibility guidelines based on testing, API compatibility information provided in Atlassian, and community feedback. User's are encourage to help improve compatibility information through discussions and issues. The CLI also works with releases not officially listed here since in many cases it uses remote APIs provided by Atlassian that have been stable for many years. Check previous versions of the CLI for coverage of earlier releases. Users should verify their usage scenarios on new releases. Support normally is limited to minimum releases indicated. Client requires Java 1.6 (recommended) or above. Testing is only done on Java 1.6. In some cases, new actions are only available on against later versions of the server - these are usually noted in the documentation.
Product, Releases, Tested releases
Confluence, (/) 3.1 - 3.5 and 4.0, "3.1.1, 3.5.0, 4.0"
JIRA, (/) 4.0 - 4.4 (Note 1 and 2), "4.2.4, 4.3.3, 4.4.3"
Bamboo, (/) 3.0 - 3.3 (Note 3), "3.0.1, 3.1.4, 3.3.2"
Crucible, (/) 2.2 - 2.6, "2.2.1, 2.6.3"
Fisheye, (/) 2.2 - 2.6, "2.2.1, 2.6.3"
- JIRA CLI has some new actions and other improvements that are based on JIRA new REST apis. These APIs started being available with JIRA 4.2 and were significantly enhanced in JIRA 4.3 and 4.4. Attempts to use these actions prior to the supporting JIRA release will result in appropriate error messages. Existing functions will still work on releases prior to 4.2, but releases earlier than 4.2 will no longer be automatically tested.
- JIRA 4.4 incompatibility bug regarding some custom field handling - see JRA-25034
- Bamboo 2.7/3.0 introduced Stages and Jobs that changed how builds are referenced. For instance, job is now required to reference build artifacts. Bamboo 3.0.4 or above is recommended due to BAM-8594.
Highlights of Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI) 2.3
JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) enhancements
- deleteIssue action
- Allow setting workflow scheme on createProject and updateProject
- More worklog support
- Time fields on getIssue and getIssueList
- Regular expressions allowed on findReplace
Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) Improvements
Confluence 4.0 support including automatically handling access to Confluence 3.x or 4.x servers. Wiki markup can still be used for Confluence 4 servers.
Crucible Command Line Interface (CLI) Improvements
Initial support for creating reviews and transitioning reviews through the workflow.
Crowd Command Line Interface (CLI) temporarily discontinued
|title||Crowd CLI removed from distribution|
The Crowd Crowd Command Line Interface (CLI) has been temporarily suspended from further development until the APIs are improved. As previously noted, Atlassian completely removed the Crowd remote APIs used for the CLI starting with Crowd 2.1. New replacement APIs do not cover most of the existing functionality. Atlassian is currently targeting application use cases and not automation capabilities for the Crowd APIs. It will be a while to sort out how the Crowd CLI moves forward, until then, the Crowd Crowd Command Line Interface (CLI) has been removed from the distribution.