- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
On this page
License for Versions 3.0 - 3.9
The Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI) is licensed commercially under the Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons Apps EULA. The license for legacy CLI product versions 3.0 - 3.9 includes all the individual CLI distributions:
Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI) is available to license holders of one or more of the following add-ons at the user level matching the primary Atlassian software user level for their company. These can be purchased through the Atlassian Marketplace. There is no additional charge for Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI) use once one of the Run CLI Add-on products is purchased. Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI) cannot be purchased separately.
|Add-on Documentation||Prices, Quotes, Compatibility, Downloads|
|Run CLI Actions in JIRAJira||Run CLI Actions in JIRA|
|Run CLI Actions in Confluence||Run CLI Actions in Confluence|
|BCLIP||Run CLI Actions in Bamboo|
|SCLIP||Run CLI Actions in Stash|
Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI) license terms match the corresponding add-on license terms including evaluation licenses. This means Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI) can be used at any release level that was available prior to expiration of maintenance period of the corresponding purchased add-on license. Support is available for customers with current maintenance. Evaluation licenses expire at the end of the evaluation period. Software cannot be used past the most current evaluation license expiration period.
Frequently asked questions regarding licensing and purchasing CLI products
- Why is this now a commercial license? See this announcement: Bob Swift Software, LLC
- Can ACLI be purchased separately? No. It is available free with the purchase of one or more of the Run CLI add-ons. This provides consolidated billing with other Atlassian related software as part of Atlassian Marketplace.
- How can I evaluate ACLI prior to purchase? Obtain a evaluation license for one of the Run CLI add-ons listed and download the ACLI distribution or product specific CLI distribution.
- Do I have to install the add-on in order to use the ACLI? No. The add-on does not need to be installed or enabled. In the future, some extended capabilities may require the add-on be installed.
- Can ACLI be used to access a server that does not have the add-on installed? Yes. ACLI can be used to access any suitable server that allows remote access. In the future, some extended capabilities may require the add-on be installed.
- Can I use ACLI to access a server that has a higher user level license than the purchased add-on user level? Yes. However, the add-on user level should match or exceed the user level of the server at your company that is the primary target for remote access.
- Can I continue to use the the free version of ACLI? Yes. Any version prior to 3.0.0 can be used under the terms of the former OSS license.
- Do I have to use the ACLI distribution if I only need JIRA access? No. Use the distribution that meets your needs. Each product distribution is considered part of the ACLI for licensing purposes.
- What if I just need the Confluence CLI? Why do I need to to license the full ACLI? The ACLI and product specific CLIs are bundled to make it easier to purchase. It allows for lower cost for those that need to access more than one Atlassian product.
- Crucible and FishEye CLIs have fairly limited capabilities compared to Confluence, JIRA, and Bamboo CLIs. Can there be a lower price for these? No. If that is your only need, continue to use the latest free version (2.6.0) until more capabilities are added to the paid version in the future.
- If I am an official Atlassian Partner or Expert, can I get a special rate? Atlassian recognized partners and members of the Atlassian Experts program can use the ACLI free of charge for development, testing, or demonstration purposes. A purchased license is required when used to support hosted customers or other customer focused use. This does NOT apply to the Run CLI add-ons - these follow the same rules as other add-ons available as paid via Atlassian in Marketplace. Evaluation licenses can be used for evaluations or demonstrations to customers.
- What needs to be done for Cloud (OnDemand) customers? The same license requirement applies, obtain a license for one of the Run CLI add-ons for the download user level equivalent to your Cloud (OnDemand) instance. You cannot install the add-on in OnDemand, but that is ok - see #4.
- Customers who have purchased a newer 4.x based license (including the products specific CLI client licenses) are also considered to be licensed for using the 3.x client version of the product.
General License Information
- The distribution ships binaries with various licenses (BSD, LGPL, and Apache)
- Look in the license directory for detailed license information
- Atlassian CLI License for Versions 1.0 - 2.6
- What is the difference between CLI clients and Run CLI add-onsapps?