The Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI) supports a large range of product releases. The matrix below provides compatibility guidelines based on testing, API compatibility information provided by Atlassian, and community feedback. User's are encourage to help improve compatibility information through discussions and issues. The CLI also works with releases not officially listed here since in many cases it uses remote APIs provided by Atlassian that have been stable for many years. Check previous versions of the CLI for coverage of earlier releases. Users should verify their usage scenarios on new releases. Support normally is limited to minimum releases indicated. Client requires Java 1.6 (recommended) or above. Testing is done on Java 1.6. In some cases, new actions are only available on later versions of the server - these are often noted in the documentation or in error messages.
To simplify the matrix, we no longer list much older releases even though there is some level of compatibility for these as well. Refer to Compatibility - 3.2 for information on older releases.
See also Compatibility for overall information on supported Atlassian releases.
- Limited support, no longer tested. Most actions should continue to work, but use with caution. Recommend upgrading.
- Supported releases.
Add-ons install and run an Atlassian product server.
- Use release 3.5 for Bamboo 4.4. Due to changes required for deployment support in Bamboo 5.0 (that requires a unique build of the Bamboo add-on), we are no longer targeting earlier versions. An early snapshot of 3.6 does support Bamboo 4.4 with some of the earlier updates for 3.6.
- Use release 3.3 to get a broader range of Bamboo release support (3.x, 4.x). This was due to an changes made to 4.4 that required a unique build of the Bamboo add-on for release 3.4 and higher.
Highlights of Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI) 3.6
Support Latest Atlassian Releases
- JIRA 6.1 EAP
- Confluence 5.2
- Bamboo 5.0 - 5.1
- Stash 2.5 - 2.7
New JIRA Actions
- getIssueHistoryList - get a csv file of the change history for an issue
- getProjectCategoryList and other project category support
Markdown Conversion for Confluence Content
markdown option added to Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) to allow automatic conversion of Markdown content to Confluence native format. See CSOAP-203.
Run CLI Actions add-ons' Improvements
All Run CLI Actions add-ons have been updated to 3.6. In addition, there are add-on specific improvements.
JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) Improvements
Confluence Command Line Interface (CLI) Improvements
Bamboo Command Line Interface (CLI) Improvements
Stash Command Line Interface (CLI) Improvements
Crucible and FishEye Command Line Interface (CLI) Improvements