Before migrating your Graphviz Diagrams for Confluence app content from server to cloud, we recommend reading this Atlassian article to plan your migration.
This page explains:
- Migration process
- Differences between the server and cloud version of the app
- Confluence instance migration - Use the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant app to migrate everything you need from Confluence Server to Atlassian Cloud. Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant explains in detail the step-by-step procedure to migrate the required content.
- App installation - Install the app from Marketplace.
On completion of migration from version 3.3.0:
All global configuration in the Configuration page are transferred from the server instance to the cloud instance as specified in the Cloud Migration Assistant wizard.
If multiple migrations are performed on the same cloud instance, the latest migration takes precedence.
Any subsequent migrations performed on the same cloud instance only adds or merges the data, but does not delete any existing data.
- The migration of data from server to cloud is an independent process from app installation or configuration in your cloud instance. We recommend that administrators verify that all your data (configuration as well as your Confluence pages) are displayed properly after the migration process is completed. Please report any issues immediately after looking through the known problem list.
- We capture certain details, excluding private user data or any personally identifiable information, during the migration process to help us improve our app continually. Refer to Analytics data to learn more about the information that is gathered.
Differences between server and cloud versions
All the macros available in the server are supported in the cloud version as well. The following table lists the macros' parameters and features that work differently in server and cloud:
|In the cloud version, you cannot save a Graphviz diagram as a PDF or Word file, or export to PDF or Word.|
|Location of Graphviz source|
Supported data sources:
|Supported data sources:|
File option is not applicable for Confluence cloud.
Template option is not currently supported with the app. Refer to this link for more updates on this option.
|Render wiki markup macros in body||Supported||Not supported|
|Outgoing link in the Graph from table macro||Supported||Not supported|
|Nesting of macros||Supported||Not supported|
|URL whitelisting||Supported natively by Confluence and configured using the Global Configuration page.||Have to be configured manually from the Global Configuration page, because Confluence cloud does not natively support URL whitelisting.||For more information, refer to CLOUD-2636.|
Please note that all the other parameters function the same in both the versions of the app.
If you experience any problems or behavior changes that are unexpected, refer to Help and open a ticket with us. This helps us identify and prioritize fixes and improvements.