The Atlassian Command Line Interface (CLI) supports a large range of product releases. The matrix below provides compatibility guidelines based on testing, API compatibility information provided in Atlassian, and community feedback. User's are encourage to help improve compatibility information through discussions and issues. The CLI also works with releases not officially listed here since in many cases it uses remote APIs provided by Atlassian that have been stable for many years. Check previous versions of the CLI for coverage of earlier releases. Users should verify their usage scenarios on new releases. Support normally is limited to minimum releases indicated. Client requires Java 1.6 (recommended) or above. Testing is only done on Java 1.6. In some cases, new actions are only available on against later versions of the server - these are usually noted in the documentation.
See also Compatibility for overall information on supported Atlassian releases.
- Some of the newer JIRA CLI actions and other improvements are based on JIRA new REST apis. These APIs started being available with JIRA 4.2 and were significantly enhanced in JIRA 4.3 and later. Attempts to use these actions prior to the supporting JIRA release will result in appropriate error messages. Existing functions will still work on releases prior to 4.3, but releases earlier than 4.3 will no longer be automatically tested.
- JIRA 4.4 incompatibility bug regarding some custom field handling - see JRA-25034 and JRA-25732. JIRA 4.4.5 or higher is recommend if you plan to use JIRA 4.4.x
- Bamboo 3.3 or higher is required for action dealing with tasks
- Bamboo 3.4 is recommended for artifact handling due to BAM-9990
- See SCLI-23.
- Limited support, no longer tested. Most actions should continue to work, but use with caution. Recommend upgrading.
- Supported releases.
Add-ons install and run an Atlassian product server
- 4.4 requires a unique build of the Bamboo add-on. When installing SNAPSHOT releases, ensure you get the correct version.