Uninstalling the Macro Security for Confluence app does not disable macro security!
Once Macro Security is enabled via the add-on's configuration screen, it cannot be disabled or removed simply by uninstalling the add-on. This is to prevent unintentional security exposure.
This page describes how to properly disable Macro Security.
Perform the following to uninstall an app from Confluence:
- Navigate to Settings > Add-ons > Manage add-ons.
- Locate and expand the Macro Security for Confluence item.
- Click Configure to display the add-on's configuration screen.
- Deselect the Enable checkbox.
- Click Save.
- Uninstall the app, by clicking Uninstall from the Macro Security for Confluence item on the Manage Add-ons admin page.
Optional: Select a reason and add comments in the What Happened dialog box, after uninstalling the app to provide feedback to the vendor.
You can use the Disable option instead of uninstalling the app. This sets the app to inactive and you can no longer use the respective functionality You can re-activate the app using the
What if I already uninstalled the plugin before disabling it?
- Re-install the Macro Security for Confluence app.
- Follow the steps to disable Macro Security above, including uninstalling the app once again.