Create on Transition for Jira
The Bob Swift Create on Transition for Jira app provides workflow transition post functions that can be configured to create issues or sub-tasks. Creation can be conditioned on the information from the original or parent issue. Multiple Create on Transition post functions can be used to create multiple issues. This post function can also be associated with the create issue transition to automatically create issues or sub-tasks when an issue is created. This is a standard post function added and changed during workflow editing. Shares similar capabilities to Update on Transition for Jira, which has update issues and other functions.
- Set (or update - Cloud only) the following fields:
- Issue type
- Priority including using parent's priority
- Reporter and assignee including various selections based on parent values
- Affected and fixed versions including various selections based on parent values
- Summary and description with substitution variables from parent fields including custom fields
- Due date including using parent's due date and including due date offset - plus or minus number of days from setting
- Original estimate
- Copy list of custom fields from parent
- Set custom fields
- Set labels
- Add a link
- Set issue security level
- Set watchers
- Add comment
- Create multiple issues or sub-tasks. For example, one for each fixed version for an issue or each user in a list of users.
- Update multiple issues (Cloud only). For example, update one or more issues specified directly or via JQL search, update system fields or custom fields and more.
- Avail Conditioned validator (Cloud only) to set the conditions for a transition to proceed to the next step.
- Prevent duplicate issue creation with JQL based conditioning.
- Condition allowing control over whether to create an issue or not based on information from the original issue or transition - Condition the creation of issues.
- Use Substitution variables to provide flexibility to customize the issue before creation.
Workflow transition functions using regex pattern matching conditions and substitutions
Workflow functions that run CLI actions