Using the Create issue workflow post function allows you to create one or more issues when the post function is processed after a workflow transition step. The configuration of this post function is streamlined by grouping all configuration settings into various tabs for easy access:
- ISSUE FIELDS - Allow you to define the contents of one or more fields when an issue is created by this post function. Substitution variables can then be used to populate fields. Issue Fields are grouped into the following common categories:
- Basic Fields - includes fields which are most commonly used when creating a new issue in Jira.
- Detailed Fields - includes details associated with the issue, people involved, and dates.
- Links - includes details of issue links and link types.
- Comments & attachments - includes details about how you want to handle comments and specifics associated with attachments.
- Custom Fields - controls whether to copy custom fields and allows you to define values for new custom fields.
- OPTIONAL RULES - Allow you to define the additional criteria for when and how to create the issue(s). Optional Rules are grouped into the following category:
Conditions & configuration - Define one or more conditions for when to create the issue(s), use JQL to define substitution variables to be used to populate other fields, and set the acting user for the issue creation.
- - Provides quick links to troubleshooting and additional documentation.
Refer to Tutorials for examples.