Before migrating your SQL for Confluence app content from server to cloud, we recommend reading this Atlassian article to plan your migration.
Administrators must ensure that the following feature flag is enabled in the server instance as a part of the pre-migration setup:
Refer to the Getting started page from Atlassian for more information about the prerequisites for the migration.
This page explains:
- Migration process
- Differences between the server/DC and cloud version of the app
- Confluence instance migration - Use the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant app to migrate everything you need from Confluence Server to Atlassian Cloud. Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant explains in detail the step-by-step procedure to migrate the required content. As mentioned in the previous section, Atlassian does this job for you in most cases.
- App installation - Install the app from Marketplace.
- All global configuration data in the Configuration page are transferred from the server/DC instance to the cloud instance.
- Profile configuration data migration is not supported in this release. Administrators are required to manually create profiles as required to avoid issues rendering SQL content on Confluence pages.
- If multiple migrations are performed on the same cloud instance, the latest migration takes precedence.
- Any subsequent migrations performed on the same cloud instance only adds or merges the data, but does not delete any existing data.
- The migration of data from server/DC to cloud is an independent process from app installation or configuration in your cloud instance. We recommend that administrators verify that all your data (configuration as well as your Confluence pages) are displayed properly after the migration process is completed. Please report any issues immediately.
- We capture certain details, excluding private user data or any personally identifiable information, during the migration process to help us improve our app continually. Refer to Analytics data to know more about the what information is collected.
Differences between server and cloud versions
Out of the macros available in the server/DC version, only the SQL Query macro is supported in the cloud version for this release. The following table lists the macro parameters and features that work differently in server/DC and cloud:
(Global, Profile, or Macro)
|Global||Rows per page||Not supported||Supported|
|Profile||Driver class/Driver JAR location||Supported||Not supported|
|Limit max active||Supported||Not supported|
|Connection string||Supported||Not supported|
|Show SQL option||Supported||Not supported|
|Execution of multiple SQL statements (Initial SQL/Before SQL/After SQL)||Supported||Not supported||Due to technical limitations, the app currently does not support handling of multiple SQL statements in the cloud version.|
AWS IAM user authentication method
(AWS IAM/ AWS region/ Key ID/Secret Access Key)
|Application server based data source profiles||Supported||Not applicable|
|Default profile option||Supported||Not supported|
|Parameters/Auto commit SQL statements||Supported||Not supported|
|Options for showing SQL code||Supported||In the cloud version, the macro displays SQL statements or scripts in the SQL format. Thus, the parameter is not required in the cloud version.|
|Output format||Supported||Not supported|
|Show results as a table||Supported||Not supported|
|Show number of rows updated||Supported||Not supported|
Wiki markup related fields
(Render wiki markup macros in body/Show generated wiki markup/Escape special wiki characters)
|Supported||Not applicable||This feature is not supported in Confluence cloud.|
Expand array fields
Table styles related fields
(Table id/Table class/Table style/Table width/Border width)
|Enable download and export as an attachment/File delimiter...||Supported||Not supported|
|Column type/Column attributes/Apply column attributes to header rows||Supported||Not supported|
|Total type||Supported||Not supported|
|Auto number column styles||Supported||Not supported|
Sorting related fields
(Enable sorting on auto number column/Enable column sorting/Automatically sort in descending order/Display sort icon/Sort tip text)
|Auto total numeric columns||Supported||Not supported|
|Apply Column styles to column cells/Apply Row styles to row cells/Retain row style order after re-sorting||Supported||n.|
|Number of header rows/Header row styles||Supported||Not supported|
|Enable row highlighting on mouse over||Supported||Not supported|
|Number of rows to be displayed on one page||Not supported||Supported|
Please note that all the other parameters function the same in both versions of the app.
If you experience any problems or behavior changes that are unexpected, refer to Help and open a ticket with us. This helps us identify and prioritize fixes and improvements.