This macro has all the same parameters as the SQL Macro and behaves similarly in most cases. There are 2 primary reasons for using sql-query:
- Read-only Enforcement — Some databases/JDBC drivers support read-only SQL statements. In this case, the sql-query Macro will attempt to use this support if available. Otherwise it behaves exactly like the SQL Macro.
Read-only support means the database can optimize for read-only statements to improve performance. For some databases (PostgreSQL for instance), the read-only aspect is enforced while in others, it is only a performance suggestion.
- Security — Using Macro Security for Confluence, administrators can configure different restrictions for use of the SQL and SQL-query macros. This provides greater flexibility by allowing more people to query without having access for other SQL operations. For instance, administrators can create read-only data sources using database access controls and only grant access to those specific data sources.
|Name||Required||Default Value||Macro Browser Label||Description|
(may be restricted)
|Data Source Name||Specify the Data Source name. It represents an application server defined Data Source or Data Source Profile defined by your administrator.|
Determines how the output is formatted:
- HTML — Generates HTML from the result set data. Data is HTML encoded unless encoding has been disabled.
- wiki — Generates and renders wiki markup from result set data. If the data might contain unintended wiki markup characters, set the escape parameter to true.
- XHTML (Pro Edition) — Generates and renders XHTML from result set data. Data is HTML encoded unless encoding has been disabled (disableAntiXss).
- unrenderedWiki (Pro Edition) — Generates wiki markup from result set data, similar to wiki, without rendering. Wraps with a table-plus macro suitable for copying to another system.
For more information on Common SQL parameters, refer to Working with SQL parameters - 9.x.
Explore SQL Parameters
The SQL Macro has dozens of built in parameters that you can explore and apply.