How to create components in bulk using Jira Command Line Interface (CLI)
This article explains how to create components in bulk using Jira Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Create a CSV file with the following columns:
- project for the project name.
- component for the component name.
- description for component description.
- lead for the component lead name.
- defaultAssignee for default assignee for the component issues.
Combine runFromCsv with the --file parameter and addComponent action to create components in bulk. This example works because the CSV file contains the data that is required for the addComponent action with relevant parameters.
--action runFromCsv --file Components.csv --common "--action addComponent"
It is recommended to test this scenario in a non-production environment or run the action with the --simulate parameter, to verify the behavior before deploying on a production environment.
Confluence®, Jira®, Atlassian Bamboo®, Bitbucket®, Fisheye®, and Atlassian Crucible® are registered trademarks of Atlassian®
Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Appfire | All rights reserved. Appfire™, the 'Apps for makers™' slogan and Bob Swift Atlassian Apps™ are all trademarks of Appfire Technologies, LLC.