This article explains how to create versions in bulk, using Jira Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Create a CSV file, named as versions.csv for this example, with the following columns:
- project contains the project names.
- version contains the version names.
- description contains the version descriptions.
- startDate contains the version start dates.
- date contains the version release dates.
Combine the runFromCsv action with --file parameter and the addVersion action with --dateFormat parameter to create versions in bulk. This example works because the CSV file contains data that the addVersion action and its parameters require for execution.
--action runFromCsv --file versions.csv --common "--action addVersion --dateFormat "dd/mm/yyyy" "
It is recommended to test the command in a non-production environment before running in production, or, run the action with --simulate parameter to verify the behaviour before deploying.