This article explains how to setup a clone operation for a project(s) including an issue type using Clone Plus for Jira Cloud app.
- Log in to the Jira Cloud instance as an administrator.
- Click Cogwheel > Apps, navigate to BOB SWIFT - CLONE PLUS section on the left hand side sidebar, and click Clone operations.
- Click Create clone operation and perform the following steps:
- Select a source project(s) from the Projects drop-down or select the Display for all projects checkbox to enable the clone operation for the selected project(s).
- Select the issue type(s) from the Issue types drop-down or select the Display for all issue types checkbox to enable the clone operation on particular issue type(s).
- Click Next and choose the properties from Step 2. You can select an option from the Set fields dropdown.
For this example, Assignee is given a value as Parent issue's assignee.
You can also select any of the options as per your requirements from other options like Copy attachments, Copy comments, and so on.
- Click Next. In Step 3 of the wizard, enter details for Clone operation name and Description, and click Save as shown:
The clone operations screen is as shown:
After setting up the clone operation configuration, perform the following steps:
- Go to the relevant project and open a Jira Issue.
- Click Clone Plus from the top right side of the screen to see the Clone Plus for Jira pop-up window.
- Select the clone operation and clone the issue. The cloned issue now contains all the information as per the configured clone operation.