This article explains how to retrieve the debug logs for all the Bobswift apps in Jira.
First, the logger must be configured to monitor the required package. After recreating the issue, a support zip file can then be created and downloaded for further analysis.
Configure the Logger
- Log in to your Jira instance as an administrator and navigate to Cog Wheel () > System > Logging and Profiling.
- Click the Configure link in the Default Loggers section as shown:
- Enter org.swift.jira in Package name, select DEBUG in Logging Level, and click Add to apply the changes.
The added package(s) is now visible under the Package name:
- Perform the action that caused the issue.
- Generate a support zip file and share/save it as required.
Generate a support zip file
- Log in to the Jira instance as an administrator and navigate to Cog Wheel () > System > Troubleshooting and support tools.
- Select the Create support zip tab and click Create zip.
- Click Download zip after the support zip is generated.
You can now share the zip with our Support team or use the logged information in the zip file to solve the issue.
- Logging occurs immediately, but lasts only until Jira is restarted.
- Ensure to go back and remove the entry that was added after triaging your issue.