This page describes what you need to consider:
- When migrating from Confluence server to cloud and you are using the Advanced Tables for Confluence app on pages in your instance.
- When using Advanced Tables for sloud and you are seeing some differences in behavior from the documentation.
Atlassian's Confluence migration instructions
What will be different?
The macros involved are:
The key differences in behavior are:
- The Confluence server and cloud versions have different macro editor experiences. The server version has a new custom macro editor while the cloud version has the default Confluence macro editor.
- Macros render in the background in the cloud version and then appear as the data becomes available.
- There may be a difference in behavior with some interactions with other page elements or macros. The Atlassian Confluence development team continues to improve the integration and interactions of macros in the connect environment.
- There are some known issues and incompatibilities.
If you experience any problems or behavior changes that are unexpected, please do not hesitate to open a support issue (login required - see Help). This helps us identify and prioritize fixes and improvements.
Known issues and incompatibilities
|The Attachment Table macro has a parameter incompatibility between server and cloud versions for Advanced Tables. The page parameter on server is renamed to attachmentPage on cloud. Migrations to cloud are typically successful. Work is underway for the next release of Advanced Tables server to resolve the problem going the other way. ||TBL-679 -Rename page parameter to attachmentPage for serverCLOSED|
|Inter-operability between macros. Specifically, there are rendering issues and differences between server and cloud apps. There have always been some compatibility problems between macros. This is more of an issue with connect based apps. The Confluence connect development team is working on improvements in this area based on likely use cases. We have seen no progress in this area for a very long time from Atlassian. ||CONFCLOUD-41551 - This is not an exhaustive list and we've seen very little activity from Atlassian to add support in this area. |
|Anchor macros within Advanced Tables macros do not work. Atlassian has deemed this a permanent restriction.||CE-886|
Sorting inline tasks in connect macros does not work.
|Preview in the macro editor does not work in some cases. The workaround is to use full page preview until the issue can be resolved.||CE-13|
|Style (css) on the page is no longer active in Advanced Tables macros. For the Table Plus macro, the workaround is to include the macro within the body of the Table Plus macro.||CE-890|
|Export to PDF or Word does not include some of the Advanced Tables features. You basically get the table. The workaround is to use browser's print to PDF function.|
TBL-958 -Export to Word or PDF does not include table features OPEN
TBL-748 -Export for Word and PDF does not work for table-plus macro CLOSED
Excerpt include macro results in 404 error when including a connect macro.
Not all options for the Jira Issue/Filter macro work when displayed inside a Table Plus macro. Using the Total Issue Count option and the Single Issue option does not work when used inside Table Plus macro. The Jira data does not load and simply shows a spinning icon.
TBL-879 -Jira Issue macro with Total issue count option spins continuously in Table Plus macro OPEN
TBL-945 -Jira Issue macro with single issue option spins continuously inside Table Plus macroOPEN
|Page Properties Report not displaying formatting and styling when used in a Table Plus macro. The Page Properties macro loads asynchronously and the Table Plus macro does not have a trigger to know when to add formatting.||TBL-959 -Page Properties Report not displaying formatting and stylingQUEUED|