All future releases of Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons for Confluence will no longer have dependencies on RB Component Add-ons. This change should have no impact to end users of the add-ons and may only be noticeable by Administrators installing add-ons. Prior to this, Administrators would notice a number of RB add-ons being automatically installed or upgraded when they installed Bob Swift add-ons. This will no longer be the case. The are a number of advantages for eliminating this dependency for Administrators:
- Streamline the installation of add-ons
- Eliminate some installation problems where add-ons may not enable correctly
- Prevent accidental removal of required RB components that would cause macros to fail
- Removes a source of compatibility problems for new releases of Confluence
No action needed
This is for your information.
Be careful removing RB add-ons
We recommend NOT removing already installed RB component add-ons.
- You need to make sure ALL Bob Swift add-ons have been upgraded to a level that no longer needs the dependencies
- Other add-on providers may also have dependencies especially ServiceRocket add-ons
Suggest that on your next Confluence upgrade, remove the RB components that you do not think you need and then re-install or upgrade any add-ons that may have a dependency. They should re-install the necessary components again.