Below are the instructions for how you can easily generate a HAR file using Google Chrome. For additional browser support, see the Atlassian documentation for generating a HAR file.
- Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring.
- From the Chrome menu bar select View > Developer > Developer Tools.
- From the Developer Tools panel that opens on your screen, select the Network tab. By default the Developer Tools will load at the bottom of your screen.
- Check the Disable Cache option in the Network tab toolbar to prevent caching of resources for this specific page.
- Look for a round Record button ( Record button ) in the upper left corner of the Network tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box next to Preserve log.
- Click the Clear button ( next to the Record button ) to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
- Now try to reproduce the issue that you are experiencing while the network requests are being recorded.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, right click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content , and save the file to your computer.
- Zip the file to make it smaller. Sometimes these files can be quite large. If you are on a Mac you can compress the file by right-clicking on the HAR file from Finder and choosing Compress from the menu.
- Attach your zipped HAR file to your ticket so that it may analyze it.
Here are similar steps described by Atlassian:
HAR file viewers: